Wednesday, October 1, 2014

We say I do - Welcome to 31 Days of Loving That Man


Welcome to my series as part of 31 Days, a writing Challenge.

We say I do to love, to honor, to cherish, and to be faithful to another living, breathing being. We say I do, us, girls, women, fiancés, brides, wives. We say I do, just as generations of females before us and hitch our beautiful souls to our handsome men with amazing hopes and dreams. And life happens. 

Seven and a half years of life for me to be exact. Years full of laughter, tears, sickness, health, anger, and compassion. Years of success and failures that have changed our relationship. From career choices to family relationships our marriage has experienced the growth pains of change with the distinct sweetness of compassion and grace.  These years have changed us as individuals. The newness of romance has been shed to reveal a steadfast love. What was once the clash of a volcano and tornado in heated disagreement has evolved into a much more productive pattern of resolving conflict. More importantly we have learned to lean on the sacred knowledge that God has hope for our marriage. 

In the movie "The 7 Year Itch" a faithful husband is tempted by the irresistible Marilyn Monroe. I have had a girl crush on Marilyn for most of my adult life.  To avoid sounding pedestrian and over promoting the importance of feminine wiles, I write this while working as a technical project manager in a predominately male IT Shop. I pride myself in successfully navigating the corporate landscape with my brain rather than my body.  However, when it comes to my marriage, my relationship with my number one man, my  goal is to keep his attention mind, body and soul. Lets face it the seven year itch isn't just a movie, and I want to honor our commitment until death do us part. 

If you have been married for 1 day or 50 years, its an important reminder and exciting endeavor to love our men with the intentions of our vows. Focusing on topics that are hard to learn other times too easily forgotten, some areas will be silly, some soul searching. Doesn't that describe the best love stories especially when they are our own?? Join me won't you, as I focus on some areas of value when it comes to loving that man of yours. 


3 comments:

  1. Hey Bri - I started following you last year during the 31 Days challenge and am excited about your series. My husband and I are in a commuter marriage, so it's important to me that we remain strong and united together, making our marriage a priority.

    I was looking for a way to send you an email or a message - it's been awhile since I've actually visited your blog - I generally read on my phone, but I'm actually on the site today. Perhaps it's my old eyes & grading one too many papers or my computer not rendering things properly, but it's really hard to read the font you're using. It's very small and close together. I don't know if it's an issue anyone else is having but I wanted to let you know. I'd hate for you to miss followers or readers because they might have the same problem.

    Anyway - I'm looking forward (sorta) to the Angels - Royals series. I know y'all are Angels fans. I've been a Royals fan since I was 9, and I've been waiting for post-season play since 1985. I'm hoping they are good, close games and that we wind up pulling it out ;)

    Jen - Pierced Wonderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer,
      Thank you so much for your comment! Especially about the font. I am going to try some new ones, hopefully I will find one that works!
      A commuter marriage, I can only imagine how hard that would be! I will keep you in my prayers!
      Your Royal's are taking my Angel's to task! Got to love Post Season Games regardless!!! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. Hey - I just found your blog from the 31 Day Challenge. I'm participating too and blogging about marriage and just had my 7-year-anniversary in May! :) Looking forward to reading your posts. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete