Monday, August 11, 2014

Behind the Shutter Vol 1,Issue 6



August 4 - Slats Slats Slats - Ryan is the king of removing extra slats from blinds. I don't think there is a more complicated process on the planet! Oh how I love how handy he has become! I couldn't help myself, and spent most of this time running around singing "Slats Slats Slats" to that Shot Shot Shot...song...Im hopeless...

August 5 -Hanging Pictures - We are working on finishing up our room and I picked up four mushy love prints to frame and hang. Thats right ladies and gentlemen, I hammered and hung them perfectly centered and in alignment! Putting two generations of carpenters genes to use!

August 6 - Dressing a room - After shopping at multiple stores, Bed Bath and Beyond with their wonderful  coupons and selection saved two of my guest rooms! I found these amazing twin comforter sets that match our Facebook blue room! I am super excited to see how these rooms are coming together!

August 7 - Monkey Madness - We went to the Angel's Game with the 30's Group from our Church  My parents are the leaders of the group, and we always feel special when they include us in their plans. We were not however, excited that our Angels lost to our cross city rivals the Dodgers. The freeway series failure has all the rally monkeys out in force! My Mom....is a a little crazy with her navy blue monkey. 

August 8 - Hobby Lobby Problems - Have you heard about this place called Hobby Lobby  Yeah its a problem for me. All of the amazing ideas and creative goodness under one roof is just an anxiety inducing hysteria for me. I can't get out in under 2 hours or with less than $100 spent.  And they have their CHRISTMAS stuff out already. Oh my, Hobby Lobby Problems you all!  This is a pink glass that I was sure I just had to have. Let me tell you my homemade chai latte is just amazing in this glass!

August 9 - Happy Birthday Becky - We celebrated my sister in laws birthday at Outback Steak House as is our tradition! Good steak and amazing dessert, how can you go wrong! We celebrate sharing another year of life with this sweet Woman, and we are thankful to have her in our family!

August 10 - Puppy Pillows - I completed a quick DIY project and made Puppy Pillow Beds for our Bedroom. Joann's had a sale on the Pillow filler and I bought fabric that coordinated with the fabric we used on our head board. The  jury is still out on if they like them. I think Opie feels a bit like the Princess and the Pea, he is refusing to share with Diesel. Silly dogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment