Monday, August 4, 2014

Behind the Shutter Vol. 1, Issue 5



July 28 - Sonic Nerd Yummyness
I'm having a summer love affair with drinks at Sonic. Or in this case, lunch and drink...a drink full of nerds for that matter. Sonic offered its slushy drinks with nerds this summer, and I just couldn't wait to try it.  I cant say that I was totally thrilled with the experience, no nerds for me next time. Something about crunchy candy in my soda straw that just didn't sit right with me. I have texture issues...what can I say. Like that time I tried that boba stuff that was all the rage with the cool kids a few years ago....No I don't want slimy balls of goo in my drink, thank you very much!

July 29 - Dinner with good ole Friends
We had dinner with a friend of Ryan's from junior high who lives in Montana now. He was down visiting with his wife and daughter and we had a wonderful time grabbing some dinner with them. I so enjoy meeting people from other parts of the United States. Their experiences and day to day lives are so very different from ours. They had difficulties conceiving as well, and openly shared their story ending with a successful round of IVF. This was the first opportunity I have had to ask my questions and hear face to face thoughts and experiences about IVF. I was so very blessed by their willingness to share their story and their sweet baby girl with us. She is just a bundle of wonderful!

July 30 - Silly Puppy Love
Oh Diesel, what are we going to do with you, and all of your cuteness. We are starting to notice that he is settling down, and is fully out of his young puppy ways. In my heart I was hoping that he might always have the crazy energy and wild playtime, but this more "mature" version is just as wonderful!

July 31 - Shakespeare in the Park
There is an acting troop called Shakespeare by the Sea that performs plays during the summer at local parks in Southern California. We attended "A Midsummer's Night Dream" at a park in Santa Ana with my parents and their "30's" Bible Study Group. It was a wonderful time, even with a local flock of wild parrots adding background music for us. I was completely blown away by the actors and their skill. I just adore being around people living out their dreams, their passion, their talent! Its a reminder that gets my heard pumping a little faster to live mine!

August 1 - They said I do..
I was the photographer at the wedding for a friend at works son and soon to be daughter in law. This cute sweet couple created a day full of laughter and love! I was so excited to have captured their day!! I just love, Love.

August 2 - We love Jesus
My friend Michele and I went to a women's retreat at her church, for the The Ruth Experience by Patty Bivens. I didn't really know what we were in for, and was so very glad that we went! We learned so much about Ruth and her journey with lots of life lessons and take away's. Especially knowing the difference between mashed garlic and mashed potatoes! We ended our time together with a fun craft of creating prayers boxes. I so treasure having friends that love my Jesus. Michele is such a wonderful support, and our shared faith helps to grow and keep our friendship solid.

August 3- Portillos
We the help of my Mom and Dad we conquered hanging our DIY tufted head board and celebrated with Beef Dip Sandwiches at Portillos . Some close friends said that they were the yummiest in town, and boy were they delicious. Great way to end a Sunday afternoon of hard work!





No comments:

Post a Comment