Monday, April 28, 2014

They left me!




The only child in me is screaming. 

My parents are literally across the globe in Israel. ISRAEL!! You know that place consistently on the news for bombings, hostages, and holy water! The distance is killing their almost 35 year old daughter. They are in my thoughts and prayers constantly, and I sit with anxiety waiting for email updates. Poor Ryan, he is doing a stellar job at appeasing his cranky worried wife.

As I ponder their trip, I find myself much more aware of the news, the history, and the passion of Israel. They are in the Promised Land. The land of the Israelite, the land of the chosen people, they are where my Jesus was. I long to be with them. 

Deuteronomy 26:15
15 Look down from heaven, your holy dwelling place, and bless your people Israel and the land you have given us as you promised on oath to our ancestors, a land flowing with milk and honey.”

9 more day until they return to us. My heart is excited to hear their stories, to hear what touched their hearts. I know they will be forever changed. How can they not be, after walking where He walked! 

(And yes, I tracked their flights all the way across the globe. I highly suggest the app Flight View, if you are as neurotic as I am)



No comments:

Post a Comment